Saturday, January 19, 2013

I'm a Maven!

Ok, so, for those of you that don't know what a Maven is, it means that I am now a subscriber to Julep.com.  If you know me you know that I am kind of a nail polish enthusiast...err...addict.  For about a year now, I've wanted to sign up for this program where you pay $20 a month, and they send you a box with two full size nail polishes and a little something extra.  The polishes you get are determined by the style profile you get when you take their quick style profile quiz.  Each month the nice people at Julep send Mavens an email detailing what will be included the boxes for each style profile, and you get to choose which one you wish to receive.  In addition, you get 20% off while shopping in the Julep store, and you can earn rewards points, or Joules, when you refer a friend.  If you want to sign up, here's my referral link:  http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/100335/.

Ok so now on to my review!  

My style profile said I was Boho Glam, and here's what I received in my box:

 From top to bottom: Essential Cuticle oil, Michelle, and Toni.  The pots of glitter were my extras for the month.


 I also go the option to add on up to three items for a drastically discounted price  I chose a glass nail file (my preference for nail file HANDS DOWN, Brit and Brandt.  They also sent me a sample of The Best Pedi Creme Ever!  



 This is Brit.  It's a matte gunmetal color.  I love the finish of this polish, but I have to tell it you it was kind of a nightmarish event applying it.  It was thin and runny, and it had the tendency to streak and leave bald patches while applying.  I would suggest that you let each coat dry completely before applying the next.  This is three coats of Brit.


 This is Brandt.  When I purchased Brandt I was under the impression that it was black, and I was in the market for a new black creme.  Boy was I wrong, this is the most beautiful deep charcoal grey leaning blue that I have ever seen in my life.  The formula was a little runny, but if you're careful you can get full opacity in 2 coats.  This is 3 thin coats without a top coat.


 This is Toni.  I have an affinity for this polish because it shares the name of one of my mom.  I also have an affinity for this dusty violet shade.  The formula was about the same as Brandt, but it wasn't too much of a hassle to apply.  This is 3 coats without a top coat.


 This is Michelle.  I love this color.  It is a deep navy crelly.  It's squishy like a jelly but opaque like a creme.  I love it.  Again the formula was the same as the others.  But again, not too much of a hassle to apply if you use thin coats.  This is 3 coats again without a top coat.


So I've been wanting to try this type of glitter mani for a while now, I just haven't gone out and gotten any glitter pots.  When I received these beauties from Julep, I had to give it a try.  It's super duper easy.  Just follow the directions as it says.  1. Apply 2 coats of polish. 2.  Sprinkle glitter over wet nail.  I used an extra eyeshadow brush that I had lying around to apply it to the polish, then I used a fan brush to brush off the excess glitter.  3. Let completely dry.  Then apply top coat.  Here's how it went:
This is Michelle with my glitter accent nail!

Overall, I'm very excited to see what's in store the next two months.  I might have to extend my subscription!

On another note, this Michelle/glitter accent mani is the one that I'm going to be wearing on my first night out with my husband in AGES.  We got a babysitter and we are going downtown to live it up with some of our friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment